[Dixielandjazz] Off topic subjects

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Jul 4 01:19:56 PDT 2010

Rick wrote:
I'm new to this,.....But perhaps it is a sign of the terminal decline in
OKOM when caffeine and cigarettes dominate a day's discussion? I was looking
for thoughts about how the Diminished 7th chord came to replace the Minor
7th chord in some songs, and things like that.....

Rick, stick around, you'll find out about those chords, and probably about
which picks to use on a banjo, or how to clean a trombone slide, also, all
of which..or maybe just some of, will be of interest to you.  Remember,
also, that the list is not just made up of players, but listners, too.

This is an unmoderated (almost) group, so the topics can stray a bit.  Just
imagine you're standing at a bar with other musicians & fans!  Just check
out the subject title & decide if you want to read or delete.

By the way, I have two cups of strong (Spanish) expresso before I go up on
the stand for the evening & those 7th diminished are abundant!  And, there's
no decline in our kind of jazz in Madrid where we are playing 14 nites this
month.

Jim