[Dixielandjazz] Johnny Hodges

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jul 3 18:45:33 PDT 2010

Marek Boym asked about the Johnny Hodges 1950 French sessions on LP, and
> later - on CD (coupled with Coleman Hawkins' Vogue recordings).
> Are the takes used identical?

Dear Marek,
A quick look at my files, does not show alternative masters of any of the titles recorded by Johnny Hodges and his Orchestra recorded in Paris on 15th April 1950 (apart from an early reference to a possible take -2 of "Last Legs Blues - Part 2") and 20th April (my birthday) 1950.
Nor for the 20 June 1950 Vogue session.
Therefore, the common LP and CD titles would seem to be identical.
I'm off to our regular band job shortly, so will check another source tomorrow morning.
Kind regards,
Bill.