[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 15:03:11 PDT 2010

About as much as Audrey Hepburn's birthday.  (cigarettes to coffee)......Or,
as Stan Freberg once said, "It makes a difference to the
sheep".........better left unexplained, trust me.

Now that I have enough about you to devote an entire chapter in my book, who
would you like to have play you when it's made into a movie?

Glad you never smoked. It's not really much to brag about quitting
cigarettes cold turkey 23 years ago if you were dumb enough to smoke them
for 32 years before that.(which I have to admit I was)  No sense to it, just
wanted to be "one of the guys".and then I was hooked.(but at least they
always had printing on the paper)

Now, for our friends with musical interests, I must brag about my lastest
online acquisition, "Harry Connick: Eleven" which has Harry playing with a
dixieland band in 1978 when he was 11 years old.  He only does one vocal on
it, "Doctor Jazz" and kinda gives it a "Satchmo touch"

I actually bought it to send to my grandson who is just shy of 10 and has
been taking piano lessons for a little over a year.  I like to think of it
as an "incentive album".  Of course, he won't have Ellis Marsalis as his
mentor, so he'll have to work a little harder but he is playing by ear and
my daughter tells me that he is steadily improving.

Grandpa has already designed his first album cover.