[Dixielandjazz] A New Book on OUR KIND OF MUSIC

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 2 14:51:42 PDT 2010

Bill Haesler wrote in reply to Ivor Jones:
> .........coincidentally using the same title, “The World in a Jug", but with a sub heading - "The Lore of New Orleans and Dixieland Jazz"........an earlier book, "“The World in a Jug” by British writer, Roland Gant, was published in 1959 by Cape, London and reprinted about 1961-2 by Peter Davis for The Jazz Book Club.

Dear Ivor and friends,
I need new glasses!
Or, once again, a matter of 'more haste, less speed' required on my part.
Listmate Bob Brodsky has, off list, gently chided me for my careless inaccuracy, with the correction:

"Gant's book was titled "World in a Jug". Bessie sang, "I've got "THE World in a Jug" (Downhearted Blues, 1923)."

Thanks Bob, you've out-pedanted me.
*>)
Kind regards,
Bill