[Dixielandjazz] Adrian Rollini Trio

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 28 00:09:54 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Kiser"
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Adrian Rollini Trio

My bad.  I discovered myself categorizing again.  For example, I got
caught categorizing Adrian Rollini as a bass sax player.

How many knew he could play piano?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2HQ4CU1Ky8

or, the vibe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdNzCNQmGG0
~~~~~~~~~

Me, Sir, I did, Sir ;~) Thanks for the URL's, Gary. Altho' I'd searched, I
hadn't seen those two items before.

There's also an outstanding chimes solo on Limehouse Blues at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfpS8QEyoPU

but it is audio only (with still images) and the audio is quite rough. I've
been trying to find a better example for about the last 6 months without
success. Re-issues of his ca 1950 Mercury recordings do not include
Limehouse Blues for some reason.
Thanx again,
~~
John D