[Dixielandjazz] Bing Crosby reviewed

J. D. Bryce brycejd at comcast.net
Wed Jan 27 09:27:41 PST 2010

It is incredible to realize that, in 1945, Crosby was the number 1 movie box
office attraction, he had the number 1 radio show and had individual records
in the top ten for 50 on the 52 weeks and had the number 1 record (albeit
different rcords) for 40 of the 52 weeks.  No other performer has come close
to that level of dominance.  It would be comparable if someone like Brad
Pitt was the number 1 box office attract, had the number 1 TV shgow, had the
number 1 music video and the number 1 record.  It is inconceiveable.

Crosby was a force of nature in the entertainment world in the 1940s.

Jack Bryce