[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Banjo Trio

Don Ingle cornet at 1010internet.com
Tue Jan 26 14:42:02 PST 2010

Scott Anthony wrote:
> A Google search of "Ragtime Banjo Commission" gives a bunch of hits.
> There is at least one link to the cover art for an LP from 1981 put
> out by GHB (George H. Buck). The members of the group are a little
> difficult to read, but I saved the image of the cover and loaded it
> into PaintShop Pro and zoomed in a whole pantload and they are Cal
> Owen, Jeff Frank, and Maurie Walker, banjos, and Bill Clark, tuba.

Don Ingle made note:

Maury Walker and Bill Clark all part of the "Denver Mafia." I suspect
the others named are also.
Both veterans of the Queen City Jazz Band, and still very active. Maury
is one of the nicest fellows you'll ever know, and a good player.
Knew him well from my Denver Days.
Don Ingle