[Dixielandjazz] The LaLa Website - was - George Chisholm - was Nat Gonella

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 18 18:16:54 PST 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 5:12 PM, Marek Boym wrote:

> Oh, yes.
> Especially before the trad boom.
> I've tried to get music on the link supplied, but to no avail - it
> refused to play!
> Cheers
>
> On 18/01/2010, Stephen G Barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>> john petters <jdpetters at btinternet.com> wrote (polite snip)
>>>

>>> Maybe the most creative Brit in those days was George Chisholm, who
>>> could certainly swing and appears on the Fats Waller London
>>> sessions.
>>>

>> Dear John:
>>
>> Yes indeedy, trombonist George Chisholm was a monster.
>>
>> You can hear him on Tea For Two, Stardust and Broadhurst Garden
>> Blues at:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=george+chisholm&aq=0sx&oq=Geotge+Chisholm&aqi=g-sx4
>>

>> or read his bio at:
>>
>> http://www.jazzhouse.org/gone/lastpost2.php3?edit=921173329
>>
>> or listen to snips of his early Dixieland days at:
>>
>> http://www.ilike.com/artist/George+Chisholm/album/Early+Days
>> +1935-1944
>>
>> The man certainly swung his ass off.
>>
>> Ain't Google wonderful?

Dear Marek (and others who can't hear Chisholm and others on those
links above)

One way to have unlimited access to about 8 million songs is to join
LaLa. You can listen to an entire song ONE TIME FREE.  Thereafter you
are limited to hearing 30 second clips. All you do is register with
the site, then type in the artist you want to hear e.g. George
Chisholm and then click on the tunes that come up. It is FREE unless
you want to buy an album or download a song from them. No need to
collect records these days unless you are investing in a rare
collection.  Just put the music into your computer at a much cheaper
price.

Their website is:  http://www.lala.com/

If you don't want to get any other communications from them, you can
use your spam blocker to block their messages. <grin>  All sorts of
music on the site including Armstrong, George Chisholm, Nat Gonella
(over 100 of his songs) etc,  and a whole bunch of musicians most of
us have never heard of. etc. The site will keep a music lover busy for
years. Once you join, they send you this:

********
Hi Steve B.,
Your Lala account has been created -- now you can easily listen to and
buy music on Lala!

With Lala you can:
Listen to any song or album once for free before you buy. Over 8
million songs are available.
Build your music collection online. Play it on any computer.
Buy MP3 downloads starting at 89 cents, and web songs for 10 cents.
Enjoy the music,
Lala
*********
Cheers,