[Dixielandjazz] Thanks.

pj.ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 12 04:04:58 PST 2010

Thanks to everyone who sent me the music for Its Wonderful. I had not heard it before. It is a nice tune.

As a thank you and to leave you all with a groan here is an old story which someone reminded me of only yesterday. Not OKOM so purists can hit the button now.

You will remember that some years ago Syngman(sp) Rhee was the President of Korea (don`t bother me with details).

He had a brother who wanted to become a journalist. With a little political pull he procured a job at Life magazine in New York.

On his first day in NY his editor sent him out to get acquainted with the city.  Afternoon came and  he had not returned to the office. A certain amount of panic set in. After all here was a guy with important political connections. He could have been kidnapped, or worse. All reporters and spare office people were sent out to scour New York to try and find the missing man.
Time went on, negative reports began to percolate back to the office and it seemed as though there might be real trouble building up.
However, one reporter was still digging around in the bars and low dives. Eventually he spotted the missing man in a small restaurant
The reporter rushed up to the man and said......
"Oh! sweet Mr. Rhee, of Life, at last I`ve found you"

Roll. Cymbal crash.

I don`t wish to know that. Kindly leave the stage immediately. Taa de da de da.

Cheers

Pat