[Dixielandjazz] Evan Christopher & Django a la Creole

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 11 18:39:29 PST 2010

As Rebecca says, Evan is broadening his appeal with Spanish Tinge, or
Gypsy, or whatever you call it. But he still plays good old New
Orleans too. He calls his newer quartet Django A la Creole.

For those who may not have seen/heard Evan Christopher see him do both
on "Fantasie" and then "Riverboat Shuffle" at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JsazOf3bWs

Check out the comments. I agree with the guy who said "for my money
there is no more authentic New Orleans style clarinet player on the
scene today."

Or see him at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBorSJA5yk8&feature=related  (gypsy)

And then on two different versions of "I'll see you in my Dreams"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkmWtDnP79A&feature=related    (gypsy
version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl9InXKHSmk    (jam session dixieland)

IMO the man swings mightily no matter what songs he plays.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband