[Dixielandjazz] FW: Stage Presence

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Jan 11 09:19:25 PST 2010

Steve wrote:
>Kash and Al Brown point out that there are courses that teach musicians
about stage presence. And Kash is surprised that there was just about no
feedback that anyone had watched a film he recommended as a course.

The film I recommended, I said, could be "used" as a course.  It is
certainly not a course film, nor do I believe that stage presence is
something that can be taught to someone in a formal course.  A film like the
one recommended demonstrates the essence of energy & drive that is needed in
any type of music to get across to the audience.  It need not be so "in your
face", depending on one's own style, but it needs to be in the performance
to entertain & capture.

I was a little surprised that no one picked up on the fact I was
recommending listening to the Stones on a Dixieland List!   :>

Jim