[Dixielandjazz] FW: Critics and Stage Presence

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Jan 7 13:07:13 PST 2010

Ladd wrote:
>I seem to be in the minority here although one or two have crept out of the
woodwork to support me.

I've been quite busy lately, so haven't really followed this thread terribly
closely.  However, if you want to take a crash course in showmanship (&
musicianship, & how to be 100% into what you are doing on stage), be sure to
see this film:

Shine A Light | The Rolling Stones | Oscar-winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese

It keeps coming up on my satellite tv channels late at nite.  I must have
watched it about 6 times now after returning home from a gig around 3am!
Certainly not rehearsed.

Jim