[Dixielandjazz] 15 year old Nikki Yanofsky

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Wed Jan 6 06:14:11 PST 2010

Interesting observation Pat - I used to feel the same way. I love Ella's
beautiful sweet voice but the scat just went over my head. But the more
I hear it and the more I hear BAD scat singers, the more I appreciate
Ella's scatting now.

We are lucky to have a very talented scat/jazz singer here in the St.
Louis area, Jeannie Treaver, and listening to her and seeing her
interact with her audience while she is scatting is pure joy. If her
inspiration was Ella then that is reason enough alone for me to be
thankful for every scat Ella ever did.

All the best,
Beth