[Dixielandjazz] IAJRC record collectors bash in Indianapolis, Ind.

Charlie Coleman charliew8fim at verizon.net
Tue Jan 5 17:40:10 PST 2010

Hi listees,
     To anyone in the vicinity or driving distance of Indianapolis, Indiana the annual mid-winter collectors bash and jam session will be held January 15th - 16th at the Clarion Hotel (formerly Waterfront Plaza) phone 317-299-8400.   This event has been hosted for over 20 years by noted photo-journalist Duncan Schiedt and Phil Oldham.     There is no registration fee and tables are available (no charge) for attendees wishing to sell some of their rare 78's, LP's and other jazz related materials.   AND there is always an informal members Jam session which runs every afternoon while other attendees are browsing the stacks of hundreds, nay I say thousands of vintage 78's brought in from all over the country.    For detailed information contact Duncan Schiedt    schiedt6 at aol.com  (telephone 317-852-8528) or Phil Oldham  poldham at iquest.net (telephone 317-888-0861)
Sorry to say that I am no longer able to attend these sessions but they had always been a high-point in my year being able to discuss jazz (both live and recorded) with knowledgeable people that I've come to know as friends.   As well as being to 'sit in' with some fine musicians.    Attendance is fairly small,  so the comeraderie is pronounced.   Well worth the trip.    And on a final note, the room rate for this event is $64.00 per night if you mention the IAJRC or Record Collectors meeting.     Wish that I could be there.  Regards, Charlie Coleman