[Dixielandjazz] Question

Don Ingle cornet at 1010internet.com
Sun Jan 3 19:36:48 PST 2010

Robert Ringwald wrote:
> I just received a test that I have seen before and I think there is a mistake in it.
>
>  19. What was the name of the singing group that made the song 'Cabdriver' a hit?
> a. The Ink Spots
> b. The Supremes
> c. The  Esquires
>
> I believe it was the Mills Brothers?
>

> --Bob Ringwald K6YBV
> rsr at ringwald.com
> Fulton Street Jazz Band
> 916/806-9551
>
> Check out our latest recording at www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm
>
> "if we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the
> people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy."  --Thomas Jefferson
>

> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4740 (20100103) __________

> http://www.eset.com
>

> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4740 (20100103) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Bob: It was the Mills Brothers - and sounding at the top of their game
after so many years - got a whole new audience because of that recording.
A class group, and jazz was their game all the way - as in their vocal
imitations of trumpet and sax. Pity the kds today don't get to catch many
plays of their music. Their winging hard on Gloworm was a kiss in the ear.
Don Ingle