[Dixielandjazz] The "Legal" Orchestra

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Sat Jan 2 07:55:25 PST 2010

Interesting article Steve.

It reminds me of that great OKOM band from Japan, King Cresol Jazz Band.
I was told that it consists entirely of doctors working at the hospital
run by the band leader, himself a surgeon. The story I got was that if
someone applied to work at the hospital he or she had a much better
chance of getting in if their resume included the ability to play jazz.
I don't know how much of that is actual fact, but I have one of their
CDs and it's excellent.

All the best,
Beth