[Dixielandjazz] Stolen changes oops!

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:32:58 PST 2010

.......and then there was that great number that Tony Randall recorded.
"Like a Banana Peel, I'll Come Sliding Back to You"

There was a singer/guitarist  named Frank Lee who usta perform regularly at
a club in North Baldwin, LI called the Hayoft (late '50s)

It seemed like he only knew the lyrics to two songs, "Lonesome Road" and
"Yes, We Have No Bananas"  He would do it the same every time injecting
alternate verses like "two old maids sitting in the sand, each one wishing
the other was a man" (chorus) or "two old maids sat up in bed, one turned
around to the other and said "(chorus)

I'll have to give a looksee as to a very early recording I have of it. I
can't remember the artist but I took it from a friend's scratchy old 78 and
put it onto an audio cassette.  I know the tape also has something by
Gallagher and Sheen and John McCormack singing "Star Spangled Banner" from
the same guy's collection, so you might want to take a guess as to the era
in which it was recorded

HC

--
Music you grew up listening to