[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Song Plagiarism - was - Night Train

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 07:55:56 PST 2010

And here I was thinking that Paul Harvey had died,...but he's still living
in Philadelphia and playing clarinet under the name of Steve Barbone.

Just kidding, Steve....... always appreciative of words of wisdom,
especially from you or our very knowledgeable "man down under", Bill
Haeslar, who constantly run circles around me..........primarily cause I'm
too lazy to do much more than stand in the middle of one.

I don't believe I've heard the name Savoy since I got out of the record
business many years ago, but I'm sure I've got several items in my
collection on the label.

I would suspect that Lubinsky's inspiration for the name of his company
might have been by "Stomping at the Savoy" in an effort to give it a real
jazz flavor

While I don't have any of their recording artists' names at my fingertips, I
was also impressed with whoever named their label "Prestige", not so much as
to giving it a  jazz flavor but defiintely expressing a sense of dignity.

I remember that RCA Victor had a few subsidiaries, notably, Camden, Groove,
and one called "X", which they latter changed to Vik......surprising they
left out "Nipper", which was of course the name of the dog listening to "His
Master's Voice"

HC

--
Music you grew up listening to