[Dixielandjazz] Kenny Baker

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Sun Feb 21 14:46:53 PST 2010

I have an Australian Esquire 78 of  WELL GET IT/ WOODCHOPPERS BALL by the Esquire All Stars. Directed by Ray Owens, Kenny Baker is on trumpet, Jack Parnell on drums.  Not OKOM but what the hell! Can any of our English listmates identify the other musicians on this recording, and possibly the original artist credit? If indeed it was issued in England - Australian Esquire organised a London session by Marie Benson, so maybe this was recorded specifically for Esquire.

The master numbers are UPC2299/ UPC2300.  Anyone know which studio used this series? Polydor?

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell