[Dixielandjazz] Question

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 21 12:45:09 PST 2010

Harry Callaghan wrote [in part):
> The label also put out an LP around the same time ....."Big Noise From Winetka".  The label says Bob Haggart and his
> orchestra but when one looks at the personnel it was clearly the "Tonight Show Orch,"which was at the time conducted by Doc Severinsen and Bob ......

Dear Harry,
I assume that this is the LP.
Oh dear.
Think of all that recorded music only available (briefly) in the US that the rest of the world has missed.
Kind regards,
Bill.

'Big Noise From Winnetka' Bob Haggart And His Orchestra.
Doc Severinsen (t) Bob Alexander (tb) Bob Hixson (b-tb) Stan Webb (contrabass-cl) Walt Levinsky (as) Al Klink (ts) Phil Bodner (pic) Dick Hyman (p) Tony Mottola (g) Bob Haggart (b) Don Lamond (d)
New York, c. 1963.
Command RS849SD
I have the track details but then, so do you.
For those who don't, here they are:
   Love for Sale
   One for My Baby
   Strike Up the Band