[Dixielandjazz] Maurice Rose RIP

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 19 18:45:31 PST 2010

Ken Mathieson wrote [in part]:
> Maurice was on the CVS early records which came out on the Beltona label.......
> He may also be on some of Bob Wallis's later recordings, but I couldn't be sure of it.

Dear Ken and Marek,
Maurice Rose is on of the Clyde Valley Stompers Beltona LP (ABL524) and the tracks recorded in London on 15 February 1957.
The session was reissued by Decca on Ace of Hearts ACL1075 (which I have.)
He is also on the Bob Wallis WAM LP (MLP15.544) 'Easy Does It' recorded in Schellerton, Germany in July 1975.
There may be others.
Listmate Gerard Bielderman will know.
Kind regards,
Bill.