[Dixielandjazz] Some Birthdays Feb 16

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:14:01 PST 2010

Didn't I tell youse guys that Bill would come through before the day was
over?

I had almost said Little Jimmy Dickens earler but he was a country singer.

As I once told folks on Tradjazz (that other list) if you name a song, Bill
will tell you who recorded it and when, all the personnel on the
recording,,........AND, if they had pizza after the recording session was
over, Bill could probably tell you what toppings they had on it.

I can't remember when he's ever let me down.

What really came as a surprise to me though was one night when Madonna was
musical guest on SNL and she did "Fever" almost note for note identical to
Peggy Lee's recording.

While I'm not crazy about the stuff she normally records (for a much younger
audience) I will say that when given good material, she really comes
through, as an example the Stephen Sondheim numbers that were written for
the soundtrack of Warren Beatty's  "Dick Tracy"

I tried watching her on an HBO special many years ago but gave up after
about 5 minutes.  If any chick doesn't know that the bra goes on underneath
the shirt, I really don't have the patience to deal with her

HC.

--
Music you grew up listening to
Or when we're done you'll wish