[Dixielandjazz] Some Birthdays Feb 16

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Feb 18 11:22:55 PST 2010

Jack Mitchell
 wrote:

>I don't have any of his records and I don't want any of them, but the band
> leader who made ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK famous was Bill Haley.

Oh, that's right.  I got 'em mixed up.

And I remember Bill Dogget and his hit "Honky Tonk."  I remember that from my teenaged years.  While I didn't like the bubble gum Rock back then, Cordets, etc, I did like the very early Rock that had blues influence.  I liked "Honky Tonk" and we played it in our teenaged band.

--Bob Ringwald

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4878 (20100218) __________

http://www.eset.com