[Dixielandjazz] Petite fleur

Gerard Bielderman gerard.bielderman at telfort.nl
Thu Feb 18 08:16:13 PST 2010

Harry Callaghan has a lot to learn I think about European jazz (as many
Americans have to....). The original Chris Barber version of "Petite Fleur"
was played by clarinettist Monty Sunshine, Barber didn't play at all at this
recording and there is no soprano sax.
The Danish 1995 version on DVD by Barber on trombone is certainly not part
of a medley with Mancini's "The windmills of your mind".... I suppose Harry
means "Sweet Georgia Brown" for that's what I hear on the DVD....
By the way, Bob's "birthdays" source never mentions others than Americans. I
think many Europeans know more about American jazz than the other way round!
Gerard Bielderman
Leie 18
8032 ZG Zwolle
Website: http://home.telfort.nl/tradjazz

--
Ik gebruik de gratis versie van SPAMfighter.
Wij zijn een gemeenschap van 6 miljoen gebruikers in strijd tegen spam.