[Dixielandjazz] Take a Ferry Boat Down to New Orleans. Take -2

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 16 14:47:21 PST 2010

David M Richoux wrote:
> I have the 1963 album (Atlantic 1410) - the writer credit for the song is "Traditional."

Dear David,
Which means that Lester Santiago will have missed out on his royalties.
Typical.
The Barbarin band sides are also on a Mosaic CD set (MD4-179) which [shame!!!!] I had forgotten I had.
There is no composer credit given for "...Ferry Boat..., nor for many of the other tunes on the set.
Probably, because they were not on the Atlantic originals.
Unfortunately, the usually comprehensive Mosaic booklet notes (written for this CD set by Bruce Boyd Raeburn) only make a passing reference to "..."Ferry Boat...".
Kind regards,
Bill.