[Dixielandjazz] Boater or Skimmer & Where?

Dave Hanson jazzdude39 at att.net
Mon Feb 15 16:53:32 PST 2010

Bill,

Just my two cents worth, and I have played in "funny hat" bands far too long
and don't anymore. You don't need to look like other Trad groups. Gene Mayl,
the leader of the " Dixieland Rhythm Kings", out of Dayton had, I think, a
good idea. Everyone wear a long sleeved striped shirt, any color, with black
pants. A vest of any color or design. We all looked alike, sort of , but
weren't. People come to hear you play, not dig your attire. Back in the day,
musicians wore suits. Later with hats.

Dave Hanson
Trombone
Atlanta