[Dixielandjazz] Boater or Skimmer & Where?

Bill Wilkinson bookmark at 3rivers.net
Mon Feb 15 15:52:12 PST 2010

Hi-
Maybe a silly question, but our 4 member group is thinking about going whole hog with matching outfits; including hats. Looking at other Dixieland groups, then looking at hats on line I'm a bit confused. Should we be looking at "boaters" or "skimmers? I think the pics of bands w/ hats are showing skimmers. If your group wears hats, I'd really like your input on type, cost, where to get, pros/cons, etc.
Thanks- Bill in Montana