[Dixielandjazz] Jelly Roll Morton in Outer Space (slightly OT)

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Feb 10 20:55:15 PST 2010

Hi all you more adventuresome DJML members - (you know who you are ;-)

I was poking around the internet tonight and found this recording by
tubist Mark Weaver and his UFO Ensemble - a very modern version of
"The Chant" that you can hear at:
http://www.myspace.com/tubanator5000 ( he calls it "the incomparable
ferd" )

I have several other recordings by Mark - for sure they  are not OKOM!
- but he does take the early roots of jazz into the modern era in a
variety of ways, so if your personal tastes in music are not limited
to only strictly traditional you might find him interesting.

Or not.

Dave Richoux