[Dixielandjazz] Hard To Believe (trying again - forgot to use plain text last time)

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Tue Feb 9 06:12:26 PST 2010

Thanks, Dave. I agree. Although I believe it would have been far more
appropriate to have a trad jazz band playing the Superbowl this
particular year (but then who would have believed the Saints would
win?), The Who certainly have a much bigger appeal, even today. And I
think they did a great job, delivering all the favorites and a great
light show to boot. Pete and Rog still have it and I loved seeing
Ringo's son Zack on the drums.

A friend of mine, 5 years younger than me, who raved about the
performance, was on the phone with me when I was at the Decatur festival
this weekend. Titan Hot 7 was playing in the background with Flip
wailing beautifully on the trumpet. My friend begged me to leave the
room because the music was hurting his ears! Now to me that was funny
coming from a rock and roll fan!

Cheers,

Beth