[Dixielandjazz] re Saints Marching In

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Mon Feb 8 14:35:57 PST 2010

It's so great to read about a happy New Orleans!  Because in my mind's
eye, I still see all the repairs that remain to be made.  Hope this  energizes
the completion of renovation for that whole coastline!

I don't think it is possible to overstate how very beloved TWO tunes  are
in senior citizen lay audiences; i.e., BOTH, "Just a Closer Walk" and "When
the Saints Go Marching In".  We may not personally care to ever hear  them
again but in your average senior church dinner, club meeting, nursing  home,
etc. it is like you have turned on every light in the building to start
those two tunes.  It may well have been months since they heard either  one.
In appreciation of that, The groups I play with have  surrendered.  We never
leave in these venues without playing  those tunes.
Ginny

In a message dated 2/8/2010 3:55:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,