[Dixielandjazz] Billy Holiday and Others

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Feb 7 15:11:19 PST 2010

>From another email list:

This 5 CD boxed set is on sale now at JazzLoft for just under $30. I'd say if you're
interested, you might want to get one pretty quickly. From the description:
ESP-Disk Records, which for many years has been assembling unofficial recordings
of several artists from before 1972, has released one of the most comprehensive collections
of live Billie Holiday recordings to date, some previously available but most not.
These Holiday recordings, laid out in chronological order, not only demonstrate the
arc of Holiday's development as a vocalist but give a rare behind-the-scenes look
into how the singer approached her musicians and her audience.
Rare live recordings from:
The film "Symphony in Black"
Savoy Ballrom
Monroe's Uptown House
Esquire Concert
The Apollo Theatre
The film "New Orleans"
Studio version of "New Orleans"
Just Jazz Concert
The Art Ford Show
The Eddie Condon Show
The Come Back Story
The Tonight Show
The Red Hill Inn
Storyville
Carnegie Hall
The Steve Allen Show
The Sound of Jazz
Monterey 1958
Plus rare rehearsal tapes
http://www.jazzloft.com/p-46295-rare-live-recordings-1934-1959.aspx

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
rsr at ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551

Check out our latest recording at www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much
government.  -Thomas Jefferson

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4845 (20100207) __________

http://www.eset.com