[Dixielandjazz] Correct Pitch

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Dec 27 13:48:07 PST 2010

I also used to learn tunes off of records and yes a tune would be in an odd
key.  Couple that with a couple of guitar players that hadn't a clue about
tuning to a correct "E" made life interesting but the up side was that I
learned to play in odd keys and because I was always trying to hit a moving
target improved my ear.  The simple thing would have been to tune to my horn
but I wasn't the leader and these guys just wouldn't.

It amazes me that music that was popular when I was young (50's) often
sounds so out of tune to me now.  I guess that I wasn't paying attention as
much as I do now.
Larry
StL