[Dixielandjazz] FW: Correct Pitch

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Dec 27 07:32:40 PST 2010

Steve wrote:
>..... many jazz records were incorrectly pitched and that most jazz tunes
were played in the flat keys, plus C or G.

As I stated earlier.  It only makes sense as those are the keys normally
played in by wind instruments. If you play with a band that is based on
stringed instruments, you will find the keys are in D, A, etc.  When I
studied to records as a kid, I changed the tuning slide to fit the key
knowing those were nonsense keys I was listening to in some cases.

Jim