[Dixielandjazz] Correct pitch in recordings. + funny consequence in the Chris Barber band history.

Scott Anthony santh at comcast.net
Sun Dec 26 11:03:56 PST 2010

When I was first learning banjo 50 years ago, I naturally listened to all of
the LPs I could get my hands on of Eddie Peabody. I learned virtually every
tune a whole step higher than normal because it was rumored that his albums
were recorded at a slower speed to make his playing sound crisper and
slightly faster on playback. What a shock for me to play with others and
find out that "California Here I Come" was not in D!

Scott Anthony