[Dixielandjazz] Tannenbaum

Don Ingle cornet at 1010internet.com
Fri Dec 24 10:54:03 PST 2010

On 12/23/2010 11:48 PM, Gluetje1 at aol.com wrote:
> True story:  Retired ophthalmic surgeon and banjoist moved to  mainland
> many years ago from Hawaii.  No one could figure out how to  pronounce his name
> which was Ogawa.  So he changed it to made-up  Irish, O'Gawa.  Problem
> solved.
> Ginny
>

> In a message dated 12/23/2010 5:13:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au writes:
>
> Hello  all
>
> The only Tannenbaum I know of is the German gentleman who moved to
> Ireland and changed his name to O'Tannenbaum.
>
> Well, it is known as  the silly  season,
> Anton
> :-)

Ginny refers to Gil O'Gawa, retired now, of Traverse City, MI area with
whom I have played a few gigs, most often subbing with the Epsilon Jazz
Band of the Petoskey-Harbor Springs area.
Neat guy and a pretty decent banjo plucker.
Don Ingle - adding a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ahead to all my
fellow listees - with a Happy Hanukkah to go with it.