[Dixielandjazz] Christmas gig

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Mon Dec 20 19:04:27 PST 2010

I'm still struck with Jim's original post and musing about traditions that
celebrate Twelve Days of Christmas beginning with Dec. 25.  Here in
central midwest USA I've only ever met one family that did that.   Instead there
are lots of things going on during the month between  Thanksgiving and
Christmas, an Advent tradition depending.  But sort  of "It's all over" come Dec.
26 except for New Year's Eve.  So to try to be  somewhat on topic -- how
prevalent is it in Europe, Australia,  elsewhere, to celebrate 12 days of
Christmas, maybe even hiring a Dixieland  band to aid in the Celebration?

Ginny