[Dixielandjazz] Down in JungleTown

Scott Anthony santh at comcast.net
Sun Dec 12 05:42:50 PST 2010

Turk always played the verse to "Down In Honky Tonk Town" and "Down In
Jungle Town" although I don't recall him ever singing either.

My band plays the verses to both, but we don't sing the verse to "Down In
Jungle Town," just the chorus. You can hear "Down In Honky Tonk Town" at
http://www.santhony.com/ggrm/bigmachine.html and "Down In Jungle Town" at
http://www.santhony.com/ggrm/drboat.html

"Down In Honky Tonk Town" also has a trio or patter you can hear at
http://www.santhony.com/ggrm/RaggedOldies.html on my fairly new CD "Ragged
Oldies" that is a combination of the LP I recorded in 1981 with John Gill
and a solo cassette I recorded in 1983.

Have fun!

Scott Anthony
Golden Gate Rhythm Machine