[Dixielandjazz] WGJB on World Jazz and Jazzology (was Correction - World's Greatest JB - Xmas)

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 05:03:26 PST 2010

Dear Bill,
You are right, as usual.
That's the problem with a recognized authoriy - I tend to accept what
you say without question.  Since in your original posting, you said
"Unfortunately, none of the WGJB's 'World Jazz Records' LPs have been
reissued on CD," while my friends and I have several WGJB CDs issued
by George Buck but not previousy issued on World, I assumed that none
of the previously issued albums had been reissued.  But now, having
received your reply, I checked the latest GHB catalogue (2005) to
ascertain that your information was correct.
Next time I'll never take anything for granted!
Anyway, my friends and I have most of the material on LP, including
the wonderful Roosevelt Grill album on Atlantic (the single LP one,
not the later double).
Cheers