[Dixielandjazz] Banjos and Brass St Louis---Update

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Sat Dec 11 10:32:35 PST 2010

Thanks Ginny! Another great hope for the future.

I don't think Chloe's in danger of being totally corrupted - this seems
to be in her blood. And her two CDs show that she can really swing.

I realize you were tongue-in-cheek with your statement about
contemporary jazz, but I look at the younger generation of our kind of
musicians and I see people like Bria Skonberg who plays a great trumpet
in many genres, and has beautiful vocals too. I think the fact that she
plays more than just OKOM might be what will eventually get more young
people exposed to our music. If they go to hear her play for her talent
and then catch some of this stuff, they might just get hooked. Same for
the other younger musicians coming on the scene.

There are a lot of great musicians attending and teaching at Webster. We
are so lucky to have such a great jazz program here in our midst.

See you at the Christmas Party!

Beth