[Dixielandjazz] World's Greatest JB - Xmas

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Dec 11 10:11:23 PST 2010

Harry Callaghan wrote

> Yes, for sure Clancy played with them, although I don't think it was for
> very long.

Yes, Bill Haesler corrected my unfortunate comment that Clancy didn't play with the WGJB.  I really missed that one.  I have/had
several of their albums/LPs but they were obviously later recordings.

Harry also wrote:

> I perused both the Amazon and Half.com by EBay web sites and didn't see any
> mention of their Christmas album.  Besides, I've got one Crosby, three
> Sinatras and one Mantovani and have always felt that's all any one person
> needs in a lifetime.

Harry, no no no.  The WGJB "Hark The Herald Angels Swing" is nothing like the albums you already have.  Believe me, and I'm sure other Listmates will back me up, it is a great album -- a must have!

--Bob (Now where'd they put that damn piano) Ringwald