[Dixielandjazz] World's Greatest JB - Xmas

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Sat Dec 11 08:49:02 PST 2010

I haven't got those Troc albums with Hayes, but I've got all the others and I put each of them onto CD so that I can get at them more easily!
Post vintage Eddie Condon/Rampart Street Paraders the WGJB was the best Dixieland ever, in my opinion.
And, when you met them on tour, they were all such nice guys.
Dear old Bud Freeman wrote his slim volume of memories whilst he was with the band and prior to publication never stopped going on about it .
Yank and the chaps called him "Bud Buythebook"

Steve Voce