[Dixielandjazz] Marty Grosz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 09:55:39 PST 2010

> To hear Marty with an impressive China Boy (MKOM with some modern chord
> extensions) at Ascona 2005,   Randy Reinhart, John Allred, John Sheridan,
> Frank Robertscheuten, tenor;  Nico Gastreich, bass; Moritz Gastreich drums,
> go to:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLA42vWUCXk

Indeed.  Glad you acknowledge the excellent European musicians: Frank
Robertscheuten, tenor;  Nico Gastreich, bass; and Moritz Gastreich
drums.  Frank is Dutch, and I've heard his Swing Cats live many times,
the last being 2005.  The singer Shaunette Hildabrand met me at
another band's session and said "I remember you; you stayed to the
end."  This was about a previous year's outdoor session, which also
featured a Swedish bass saxophone player.  It was bitterly cold, and
most people left long before the end, while others were hiding from
the cold wind behind whatever walls they could find.  I was the only
one who hardly moved.
The Gastreichs are German.  I do not remember whether Moritz Gastreich
was already then with the Swingcats.

Cheers,