[Dixielandjazz] Mabel's Dream and Saloon

Marvin Ipswitch cornet at clearwire.net
Mon Dec 6 12:36:35 PST 2010

Dave,
There's no copyright date on the xerox I have. At the bottom it reads
"Copyright Jack Mills, New York City." That in itself is interesting since
much of the music the Oliver band recorded was owned/published by Melrose.

I looked at Google to try and access their copies of the Library of Congress
copyright books, to no avail. But I did find something else of interest, a
tune by Ike Smith that was never recorded.

Lake Street Blues
words and melody by Ike Smith
c May 19, 1924
arr. by Lovie Austin
Ike Smith, Chicago

Interesting who the arranger is - I wonder if she recorded it and it was
never issued?

Cheers,
Marvin