[Dixielandjazz] Miff Mole at Jazz Ltd CD

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 3 13:25:53 PST 2010

> Marek Boym <marekboym at gmail.com> wrote about Delmark DE-226
> To: Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au>
>

> A funny thing; I enquired about Dixieland At Jazz Ltd. Vol. 1. on
> Amazon, and they only mentioned an LP, listed as "currently
> unavailable."
> Cheers

Dear Marek:

The CD is available at Amazon at:

http://www.amazon.com/Jazz-Ltd-1-Various-Artists/dp/B000004BEG

As of right now, they have 2 copies left. Mole is on the 5 songs Bill
H mentioned.

1949 and '51 recordings featuring Sidney Bechet, Muggsey Spanier, Don
Ewell, Doc Evans and Miff Mole. Jazz Ltd. was a jazz club located at
11 E. Grand owned and operated by Bill and Ruth Reinhardt from 1947
into the early '70s. Bill played clarinet and led the five-piece house
band at a time when many of jazz's first creators were still out there
hustling gigs. This is pure swinging traditional jazz (some call it
Dixieland) played by the pros. Thirteen songs and a wonderful five
minute interview with Bill and Ruth.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband