[Dixielandjazz] Dorothy Dell

Katie Cavera kcavera at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 21 16:08:29 PDT 2010

Hello list.  I've been doing some online research and I'd like to hear a
recording of Dorothy Dell singing "Was I?" which is a Chick Endor and Charlie
Farrell song she sang in the Ziegfeld Follies of 1931.  I have the recording of
it that Georgia White made in 1936 but I'm interested in hearing Dorothy's take.
 Several sources online say that this was her big hit number and that she did in
fact make a recording of it but I can't seem to locate it. Can anyone here point
me in the right direction?
Thanks!
- Katie
Emailing from sunny Los Angeles California
 http://www.katiecavera.com
http://www.youtube.com/kcavera