[Dixielandjazz] Question about British Clarinet Player

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 19 09:59:03 PDT 2010

Last night at our concert in  West Chester PA, USA, a gentlemen came
up, complimented the band and asked me if we allowed sit-ins. In the
crush of being surrounded by lots of people buying CDs, and chatting I
did  not get his name. I invited him to sit in during the next set,
but he did not have his clarinet with him.

He was about 75 give or take a few years, said he was from Northern
England and played several times with Ken Colyer among other bands in
the UK.. He is a clarinet player and I invited him to sit in with us
on this Sunday's gig in Exton, Chester County, PA. Having emigrated
here, he now resides in Chester County PA, USA. (The Philadelphia
metro area)

I know it's a stretch but, do any of our British listmates have any
idea who he might be?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband