[Dixielandjazz] The Savory Collection - PART 1.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Aug 17 16:03:38 PDT 2010

Stephen G Barbone provided the following information:

> NY TIMES - By LARRY ROHTER - 8-17-10
> Museum Acquires Storied Trove of Performances by Jazz Greats
>
> For decades jazz cognoscenti have talked reverently of “the Savory Collection.” Recorded from radio broadcasts in the late 1930s by an audio engineer named William Savory, it was known to include extended live performances by some of the most honored names in jazz — etc., etc.......

Dear Steve,
William Savory?
Not Bill Savory?
The technical genius who was responsible for Columbia's remastering of the secret acetates commissioned by Albert Marx of the famous 1938 Benny Goodman Carnegie Hall Concert.
Yep.
I never forget a face.
*>)
What a pity that Mr Rohter overlooked that important fact in his article.
We certainly breathlessly await the release of the 'Best of the Savory Collection' on CD.
Very kind regards,
Bill.