[Dixielandjazz] Krupa & Bix

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Mon Aug 16 23:54:18 PDT 2010

Phil Evans in "Bix The Leon Bix Beiderbecke Story" says that Chauncey
Morehouse was the drummer for the entire session. On "Bessie...", Evans
notes that Jack Teagarden did the intro on take 1 (released on Dec 31, 1931)
and Bix did the intro to take 2 (released on July 30, 1936).

Evans also includes a "The Family Circus" cartoon by Bill Keane with a
father listening to music and the daughter holding an LP cover with the name
"Bix Beiderbecke" on it and saying to her friend "Daddy's listening to an
old trumpet player named "Big Spider Beck".

Stan
Stan Brager