[Dixielandjazz] Budapest/Prague

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 12:52:22 PDT 2010

> Bob is not a DJML member and would like to know if there is any OKOM/Trad
> Jazz/Dixieland being played in Budapest or Prague during those dates.

No idea about Budapest, but in prague, just opposite the astronomic
clock all tourists go to see, there is a restaurant U Prince
(pronounced oo printze, the e being pronounced like in equl), which at
least used to feature trad jazz nightly.  It was always the Storyville
Jazz Band, but there were two bands alternating.  Food was pretty
good, at least to my central European palate (even though, since
repatriating to Israel, I have become used to hotter food).

A trad band plays several times a day on the city square  just across
from the old City Hall, and another one - on the Carl Bridge.

Still, I would suggest looking it up in the web, or in a good guide
book.  I found an excellent jazz show in a club recommended by a
tourist guide (not the Reduta, where Bill Clinton played; I went
there, but was very disappointed).

I would also suggest looking up Bob Zajicek - his presence usually
ensures quality.

Cheers