[Dixielandjazz] From Mike Vax

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Aug 15 23:31:25 PDT 2010

Just thought I would let you all know about the festival that I produce, coming up
in two weeks.  It does pretty well for a small town and we always have a great time.
Peggy and I are now full time residents of Northern Arizona and we love it here.
Mike Vax
<!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
PRESCOTT JAZZ SUMMIT -
INFORMATION SHEET FOR 2010 FESTIVAL
DATES:    August 27, 28, 29, 2010 -
Our tenth anniversary
Place:       Historic Downtown Prescott, Arizona.
"A Jazz Party of the first Order"
Events:
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·
<!--[endif]-->
Friday Noon
Free Concert in Courthouse Square
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·
<!--[endif]-->
Friday Evening
"Meet the Musicians Scholarship Fundraising Dinner" at the Hassayampa Inn 5:30 -
7:30 PM
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·
<!--[endif]-->
Friday Night
Hassayampa Marina Ballroom with dancing
      7:30 - 10:30 PM
St. Michael's Hotel Ballroom with dancing
          7:30 - 10:30 PM
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·
<!--[endif]-->
Saturday
Hassayampa Arizona Ballroom with dancing
      1:00 - 4:00  PM
St. Michael's Hotel Ballroom with dancing
           1:00 - 4:00 PM
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·
<!--[endif]-->
Saturday Night
Gala Concert - Ruth Street Theater
                     7:30 - 10:00 PM
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·
<!--[endif]-->
Sunday Morning
Jazz Brunch - Hassayampa Inn-Marina and Arizona Ballrooms
  10 AM - 12:30 PM
<!--[if !supportLists]-->·
<!--[endif]-->
Sunday Aft.
Concert and dancing Hassayampa Inn-Marina and Arizona Ballrooms 1-3 PM
MUSICIANS WHO ARE SCHEDULED TO PERFORM:
Fred Radke (leader of the Harry James Orchestra), Dennis Rowland (Singer with Count
Basie Orchestra), Bill Tole (Leader of the Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra), Mike Vax (Leader
of the Stan Kenton Alumni Band), Rusty Higgins (LA Studio Musician, Conductor for
Toni Tennille) Reggie Thomas, Scott Whitfield, Gary Hobbs, Blaise Lantana, Ginger
Berglund, Joel Robin, Tony Vacca, Jack Petersen, Steve Annibale, Ted Sistrunk, Denny
Garr, Tom Winker, Larry Kantor, plus other musicians to be announced. Youth bands
to include the Prescott High School Jazz Ensemble, the Jazz Summit Youth Band, plus
others.
Also, the festival All Star Big Band will be backing up Fred Radke, Mike Vax, Bill
Tole and Dennis Rowland on Saturday Night in a Big Band Tribute.
MISTRESSES OF CEREMONIES:
Blaise Lantana - KJZZ Radio * Sandy Moss - KPPV/KQNA Radio
PROCEEDS GO TO:
The Clare Willey Memorial Scholarship Fund, Quad-cities school music departments.
We are sponsored by Friends
of Big Band Jazz, A 501c3 nonprofit corporation - sponsorships and donations are
tax deductible
For more information -- Call 928-771-1268
www.prescottjazz.com